Guiding families down the path of healing
Kidzcope, a center for grieving children and their families, has been providing peer support groups for children since September of 2000. We believe strongly in the need for support from the very beginning stages of grief, and over the years, we have walked alongside many families on their path of healing.
Our Core Values are:
Our principles of hope:
- We create and maintain a safe place for all seeking solace at Kidzcope.
- We believe the foundation for every support group at Kidzcope is respect, caring and unconditional acceptance.
- We are convinced the relationship between deceased loved ones and their family does not end with death, but it does change.
- We accept all grief as unique and that each child, teen and adult possesses their own answers as well as their own ability to heal.
- We utilize creative communication through reflective listening, play and expressive arts to increase the expression of feelings, nurture healing, honor memories and encourage families as they navigate the changes that the death of a loved one brings.